Sunday, November 27, 2011

Texas / Kansas holiday trip: days 3-5









Took off Sunday morning and headed up to SW Kansas to see my daughter and her 2 kids, my first grandchildren. Man, I forgot how FLAT it is out there ... you can watch your dog run away for 3 days. (ba-dum-bum) Soon as I arrived, we all piled in and took the kids to see "Puss 'n Boots" ... cute movie! Danged popcorn and pop cost more than the movie!

Monday I was Mikey's "Show 'n Tell" at school ... he sure did a great job introducing me to the class and taking questions! They grow up so fast. We met my old college roommate, Maggie, for lunch and caught up on old times. After that, we started preparing my 2nd of 3 Thanksgiving meals for this season. (1st one was 2 weeks ago in Virginia with my youngest daughter and her family) Tuesday came way too quickly and I headed back down to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment